Friday, January 16, 2009

Pride & Prejudice

Okay, so I have been officially obsessed with this over the last few days. Almost as obsessed as I was over Twilight (a phase which I do not regret, yet am still slightly ashamed of), which, I have to admit, was pretty bad at one point.

This particular obsession was started when my sister and myself gave my mother the box set of the BBC TV mini-series, which, I must say, is clearly the better out of the two versions (ie. the mini-series versus the 2005 movie version) and is made better by the presence of Colin Firth (swoon).

I have been subconciously striving to speak and act in a way typical to the period, and read the book over again just to get my dose. At this point I should also confess to the fact I watched the entire series (that's SIX hours) in one day. And then over again the next day.

I am not ashamed of this obsession, considering the amount of people who are likewise enthralled by Jane Austen's most well-known book. Maybe I'll watch it again today.

3 comments:

  1. the BBC Pride & Prejudice is a family favourite with my sister, mum and granny! we can seriously quote the whole thing. i love the bit when Mr Bingley comes to Longbourn and Mrs Bennet is running aroung shouting "Hill! Hiiillll!" to the maid. i don't know why, but we always quote that bit...

    /maisie #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yes! I love Mrs Bennet, but by the end, I always get a strange urge to stab her...

    ReplyDelete